We are pleased to offer award-winning content from NewsHour Productions and the PBS NEWSHOUR stretching back more than 30 years. Millions of Americans and citizens of the world have turned to NewsHour Productions for more than three decades for the solid, reliable reporting that has made the PBS NEWSHOUR (and its predecessor programs) one of the most trusted news programs in television.
Available for License and Purchase:
- PBS NEWSHOUR, a one-hour broadcast each weekday from the United States
- Current and Archival Segments from the PBS NEWSHOUR
- Stock Footage
The PBS NewsHour
The PBS NewsHour is currently available for license to broadcasters, pay-tv networks, pay-tv distribution platforms, and digital media platforms outside of the United States. If you are interested in adding the PBS NewsHour to your schedule or service, please contact Annette Miller, Vice President, NewsHour Productions to discuss licensing opportunities.
Current and Archival Segments from the PBS NewsHour
NewsHour Productions continues to amass a unique video library of segments from the PBS NEWSHOUR and its predecessor broadcasts. NHP can work with you to select and package customized content. We offer:
- Reporting on politics, business & economy, arts & culture, science & technology, global health, international affairs, and social issues.
- Interviews with world leaders, political figures, and world-renowned musicians, artists, and authors, from 1975 to the present.
- Insightful reports and analysis of important issues and events, including U.S. elections, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Sept. 11 attacks, the Cold War, and much more.
- Our past and current clients include broadcast networks, educational publishers and platforms, in-flight entertainment, museums, and documentary producers, among others.
Please contact Annette Miller for more information.
Our vast archival library includes b-roll from the NEWSHOUR’s coverage of news events, politics, economics, science and technology, the arts, environment, health care, and much more. We also have footage from interviews with world and cultural leaders, stunning landscapes, and scenes from everyday life.
Search the online archive at info.macneil-lehrer.com/footage
User ID: Guest
Tips for Searching:
- Enter broad keywords into the Title section of the search page.
- Press enter or use the search button at the top right of the screen.
- The database will return a list of available titles and related content.
- For those titles that interest you, please make note of the “Tape Number.”
We are ready to work with you to select the right footage for your project. For further information or help in searching the archive, please contact Debra Butler, the video archives manager.
In addition to video content, NHP offers text transcripts of NEWSHOUR broadcasts from 1975 to the present. Please contact Annette Miller for more information.
Previously aired, non-fiction programs produced by NHP are available for license in the United States and globally.
Please contact Annette Miller to discuss availability and licensing of NHP-produced documentaries.